Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Freebies!

A big part of my daily routine includes finding freebies. Most of the time I am just scanning for coupons to save during my weekly shopping trips but I have noticed that many companies are giving their product away to those willing to "Like" their Facebook page. I usually only sign up for samples me or my family will use, that way I am not taking an offer away from someone who would actually use it.
There are a few different types of giveaways I have came across:
  • "Like" the page and receive a free sample (Most common). 
  • Fill out a survey and get a sample. 
  • Log on to the company page at a certain time to receive a coupon/sample. (Be advised in giveaways like this, servers crash pretty often resulting in a blank page. Be patient.)
  • Sign up for product sample and return to site after use and write a review. 
  • Free coupon printout.  

Most samples that are sent to you by mail can take up to 8 weeks to receive. 


Here are a few of the items I received for free in June (signed up for in May)
  • Swiffer 360° Duster Starter Pack ($5.00 value)
  • Two Gillette Mach 5 Razors with 2 refill cartridges (around $15 value)
  • Zone Perfect Nutrition Bar and Coupon ($2.00)
  • Vaseline Repairing Moisture Lotion Sample
  • Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo and Conditioner Sample
  • Miracle Worker Eye Cream Sample & 20% off Coupon at Philosophy.com
  • Coupon for $1.00 off Kings Hawaiian Sandwich Buns
  • Coupon for $2.00 off Kings Hawaiian Bread
  • $1.00 off Any Fruit of the Loom Sock Purchase
  • Free Betty Crocker Brownie Mix (Local Grocery Store) ($3.00 value)
  • $1.00 off 2 boxes of Wheat Thins
  • .75 off Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs
  • Buy One, Get One McDonald's Fruit Smoothie or Strawberry Lemonade
As you can see they really add up. I also will have a better idea of what I like and what I should steer clear of when I am shopping. Of all the samples this month I think I was most excited about the Swiffer and the razors (because they are so pricey in stores) and the Hawaiian Bread (it is most delicious, if you have never tried it I strongly recommend it. It goes great with spinach dip, the buns are great for burgers). The Zone Perfect bar was also pretty tasty!

Obviously, it can pay to network on sites like Facebook and Twitter. You don't have to "Like" every company you come across, start out with those products you already use. Another way I go about samples is to keep up with other blogs and pages. Pages on Facebook like "Money Saving Mom" and "Samples for Singles" are great pages that inform consumers about daily deals. I suggest checking them out. 

Another thing I caution people about is not to feel like you are entitled to a coupon/sample. Companies have a limited amount of items available so remember not everyone can receive. I notice a lot of people posting on sites with things like "i didn't get a coupon, so I am banning your product"... or "you page didn't work, you are wasting my time". Most of us will agree it makes you look pretty dumb. Things happen, you aren't going to get something every time... even if you have been waiting 30 or more minutes (I lost the $5 coupon at Bounty last week because I had to go to the Doctor. I waited 2 hours and it was a bummer, but no big deal I will still buy their products). I also always remember to like the post where I found the deal, as well as the company announcement post. Most importantly, I  ALWAYS say THANK YOU! Yea... it's the internet and I am only posting on an electronic wall but I still have manners and I am grateful that the option is available. I also believe if you are polite and respectful, you will get more freebies in the long run. 


With freebies and coupons.... saving money is EASY & FUN! Lastly, don't forget to follow my blog by clicking "Follow" on the left! Thanks!


--Sara




(I am still working on a couple of the blogs I said I would post this week. Apparently I have more information in my head than I thought! I will have another post soon.) If I don't make it before the weekend, 
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY America!

No comments:

Post a Comment